Accubond Muzzleloader Bullets

7mmfan

Beginner
Dec 14, 2004
How about making some AccuBond muzzleloader bullets with a BC better than .3? T/C and Hornady have jumped on the bandwagon, but I know Nosler, if they wanted, could make a better long range muzzleloading bullet for deer/elk. Say a .45 cal 300 and a 340 and a .44 250 and 275. Dont give PR bullets all the sales.

Brad

It is a great idea, and we have discussed it to great length. We will see what we can come up with

Nosler,

Just another vote for an AB bullet for muzzelooading. Although most of my WT deer are shot within 50 yds, there are plenty of opportunities to streach the distance to 200+ yds.

Thanks for keeping us charcoal burners in mind.

Regards,

JD338

If nothing else how about putting a plstic tip on the partitions kind of like what PowerBelt does on theirs? The .45 260's would end up around 270-275gr at most and it might push the BC up in the upper .2's. That alone would be better competition for the SST's and Shockwaves then the current offerings.

If Nosler is going to do it, they need to do it right. A BC in the upper .2s won't cut it when we have other manufacturers with muzzleloading bullets with plastic tips and boattails pushing mid .3s.

Brad

I agree on the AccuBond. If we could get it in a boat tail it will index properly in the sabot. this is a problem with flat based pistol bullets in sabots. where they index will change their pressure and velocity. hurray for nosler if they make this bullet.

7mmfan":1kd4h33u said:
Thanks, as Nosler is always my first choice of bullets.

Brad

I agree, we need muzzleloader bullets with a polycarbonate tip from Nosler. BC's from Hornady's offerings are too low, and the BCs for the dead center bullets from PR are not as high as they claim. The boat tails on the PR dead center bullets is not a true boat tail, as there is sort of a step.

The basic Ballistic tip profile (ogive and boat tail) is capable of giving BC's in the mid 0.3 range if the angle of the boat tail is optimized to the bullet caliber. If offered in .430 (240 grain) and 0.357 (180 grain), you could double dip by serving both .50 and .45 cal muzzleloaders as well as having a dandy single shot pistol bullet. You could even triple dip with your 180 grain .357 by offering an identical bullet in .358. (The .357 is just a swaged down version of the .358). I notice that .358 is absent from the Nosler line-up lately. You've got a great design that is good over a very wide range of velocities, you might as well use it.

Michael Courtney

I'm with Michael. I would love to have a 180 gr. BT to shoot out of my .35 Remington Contender! :grin:

Back