Non-Sabot

Are you thinking of a round ball?? or a jacketed non sabot bullet?

The reason we don't make a round ball is just lack of machine time and personal.

We have some ideas for new products on the board but haven't confirmed any new products for 06

I was thinking more along the lines of a bullet that would compare to the(dare I say it)PowerBelts?

GHJ

I agree with GHJ, here in Co we're restricted from using Sabots. A .50 cal Partition with a gas seal similar to the powerbelt with a Nosler twist would be ideal for us.

ws

Well Nosler how about that idea? :grin:
I sure would like to try a partitiion with a gas seal! fity cal would be great!!!!!

Nosler,

I took Powerbelts to Colorado in September too, I would certainly shoot your bullet if there was one. My inline is a 32" twist .50 cal, and it shoots the 348 gr PBs well.

jim

I shoot the 444 grain solid point safari bullets from powerbelt and get 3 to 4 inch group at 100 yards. sometimes theres a flyer (open sights)
Hunterjim can you tell me anything about bullet performance from your 348 grainer? I'm useing 110 grains of fff 777, but I haven't killed any thing with this load yet.
I have a guided hunt in the Flat tops next year(if drawn)and have been practicing with this load.(the 444)

JDMag,

I load 100 gr H777 3F loose with that 348 gr PB bullet (measured by volume), and for two shots at 100 yards they will be 1" apart. I figure that is minute of deer.

I didn't get a chance to try them on a buck, but I fired a couple of them through a stump near camp. Penetration was impressive, but old wood is not flesh and bone.

I was actually hunting on the side of Grand Mesa.

jim

Back