voter turn out

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
I have noticed that the Dem's have record turn outs in their primary's while the G.O.P turnout is poor.
I realize that the low turn out may be related to the choice of cantidates.
McCain wasn't my first choice but, If the dem's can fix the rift and come together after the primary is over we could be in trouble due to the large turn out. I hope that it gets worse between hillary and barrack. Maybe the dem's will get turned off and vote for McCain in spite but we can not count on that.
Make sure everyone you know goes out and votes for McCain and pops the tires on anyones car that is headed out to vote for the opposition. :)

Seriously I think this will be a verry important election based on the type of supreme court justices that will be appointed. Bush did us all a favor with his choices for the supreme court and I think McCain will also help us.
We all know that hillary and barrack will not.

I'll be BLUNT - If every conservative thinking American doesn't get out and vote in this year's presidential election they ARE going to get exactly what they deserve! :shock:

The liberals could do more damage in 4 years than is likely to be reversed in the next 40. I don't have 40 years to waste; do you?

While I agree that we all must vote, I take little comfort in doing so this time around. I will vote. Mark my word. I will not, however, believe I am a great deal safer, or that I will get any more or less of 'what I deserve' voting for the so-called conservative candidate than if I had voted for either of the other two. It is a miserable choice no matter how you cut it. In some respects, I think McCain is more dangerous - we better be watching him like a hawk to prevent him from pulling one by us in the name of being a maverick. I don't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. Of course, maybe not knowing is better than knowing, as I would with HillaBarry...

I find it difficult to believe that the 3 remaining candidates are the very best that this country has to offer.

However, it looks like they are all we'll have to choose from in November. That being the case, I'll vote for the least of the evils.

Sad, but better than not voting out of protest or complacency.

The three remaining are not the best the country has to offer.
These cantidates are the ones the main stream media wants.

Education is the most important thing in voting.
Casting a vote based on how you feel about someone is not good.
I had a good feeling about my first wife and that was a huge mistake. If I had noticed that her family was a train wreck and realized that those poeple raised her with their values I would have ran.

old #7":3cnr9phy said:
The three remaining are not the best the country has to offer.
These cantidates are the ones the main stream media wants.

Education is the most important thing in voting.
Casting a vote based on how you feel about someone is not good.
I had a good feeling about my first wife and that was a huge mistake. If I had noticed that her family was a train wreck and realized that those poeple raised her with their values I would have ran.

If you look, listen and learn from the candidates you should have more than a "feeling" as to which candidate best represents your interests.

As to the wife analogy; women cause men to do a lot of foolish things. Isn't that right Elliot?

I think the other thing that really bothers me is voting for a candidate that clearly doesn't represent what I came to believe (based on party literature) is the platform of the republican party - Conservatism. I can only hope the party realizes what is happening and figures out that I won't vote for this kind of candidate again, but I doubt it. They don't even understand why they're losing elections hand over fist.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what conservatism is.

Back