6.5 Creedmore Rifles?

andrewctillman

Beginner
Feb 6, 2013
I Googled this and was disapointed in choices.

Is there a high quality long range ready rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmore?

If not, who makes a good barrel for it in a Remington or Tikka bolt gun and also an AR style gas gun?

thanks!

"High quality" can be pretty subjective based on personal taste, but factory rifle offerings are fairly limited still for the 6.5CM. I don't know your feelings about Savage and quality, but they offer the 6.5 CM in a number of different models that would be considered "long range ready" right out of the box, one of them being the model 12 LRP. Weatherby makes the 6.5 CM in the Vanquard S2, and Ruger offers the caliber as well in a couple models. Thompson Center offered the 6.5 CM in their ICON line-up (discontinued last year) as well. Of those four, the Savage and TC are probably the consensus favorites for being the most inherently accurate. I just picked up the 6.5 CM in a TC ICON Precision Hunter and am impressed so far.

I have the Ruger and my first group from it was under 1/4 MOA. My local gunsmith also builds AR10 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor along.

Bartlein, krieger, benchmark, obermyer, and so on all make top tier barells. Doesnt matter what reciever your putting it on because the smith will cut threads to mate it. You will want to get a 1-8" twist on whatever barrel you decide on.

...if you do some looking around, you might be able to find one of the Browning A-Bolts chambered for 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm pretty happy w/ my Long Range Hunter, very nice trigger, nice balance, not too heavy to pack for mule deer...

...200yds. w/ factory 140gr. AMax...

That certainly is an excellent group Gene, got to love the smaller 6.5's :)

I have a Browning A Bolt Stalker in 6.5 Creedmoor and it loves 120gr Ballistic Tips. One of the easiest rifles every for load development. Best of luck finding one. Had to have mine ordered by the local dealer.

Doesn't matter which platform you choose.... mid-size 6.5s are the schitt! They're easy to shoot, they're accurate as all get out... and they knock the crap out of stuff wearing fur.

I've been shooting high powered rifles for 25 years now... a lot. And the best shooting decision I ever made was to build a sporter weight .260 and buy 2000 quality bullets for it. That was last June.... and over half those bullets are gone now. My shooting in the field out to 1/2 mile has improved greatly, I clobbered my best ever blacktail with it, and at least a dozen people have made "their longest shot ever" with it.

The Ruger Predator in 6.5 Creed looks like about the right stick to me if going factory platform.

Instead of Creedmoor I went with the 6.5 x 284.
If you're looking at the Creedmoor you may also want to look at that one. I briefly looked at the Creedmoor and quickly went with the 284.
Just some food for thought.

Vince

I am seriously looking at a 6.5 Creedmor, Swede, 260 Rem or 6.5x47. Not sure which rifle it'll be just yet, but it'll be one of those cartridges. Dream would be to build on a Pre 64 with a good barrel, but I'd be just fine with the Ruger, Nosler Patriot or Sako chambered for any of them. I wished Winchester would make it easy and chamber one of them for me.. Big Red, if your listening, 1-8 twist would be excellent!

A Sako in 260 Rem or 6.5x55 would be a nice acquisition, Scotty I believe CZ's new 557 bolt gun comes in 6.5x55 as well.

gerry":2af9wgqj said:
A Sako in 260 Rem or 6.5x55 would be a nice acquisition, Scotty I believe CZ's new 557 bolt gun comes in 6.5x55 as well.

I think any of them would be real fun. I think a light shooting rifle like that would be alot of fun. Pretty capable too..

For some reason I thought Winchester made a 6.5 x 55 rifle.
Of course I stopped paying attention to their website when I learned that they weren't going to make any left handed model 70's for those of us in our right brain. I could be wrong but I really think Winchester is dropping the ball, not only on a left handed rifle, on not offering a 6.5 of some sort and maybe branching in to more sensible offerings like a .300 Win Mag with a brake and such.

Back