7mm / 120 grain ballistic tip .

I had a 117gr SST make a wound channel that would have been enviable even for a Partition when fired from a 257 Bob into a whitetail shoulder at about 25 yards.

Another one from the same box disintegrated on a shoulder at 100-120 yards.

I've never looked at them since.

I really should work up a load for the 120bt in my 280. It sure seems robust enough. The core separation doesn't bother me. I had a 165 BT do that from my 308. The bullet did what it was designed to do. Result was a dead deer.

Find some Big Game.

image_zpslnsxymsu.jpeg

P

Pharm, that looks like a deer nightmare right there. Just about the equivalent of a 130/270 Win load. Can't see that not whopping deer pretty hard.

And a fine group that is. Yeah, with the 140 grain Partition, I can't see that failing you at the critical moment.

DrMike":1romivwg said:
And a fine group that is. Yeah, with the 140 grain Partition, I can't see that failing you at the critical moment.

Two bulls have gone to their next incarnation courtesy of that load. One shot each.

P

pharmseller":20sdw3k0 said:
DrMike":20sdw3k0 said:

Two bulls have gone to their next incarnation courtesy of that load. One shot each.

P

I am a huge Partition fan for "Big Bulls" and such but the 120 BT has done me good on hogs and whitetail out of the 7-08

bboswell":1srl6b7z said:
pharmseller":1srl6b7z said:
DrMike":1srl6b7z said:

P

I am a huge Partition fan for "Big Bulls" and such but the 120 BT has done me good on hogs and whitetail out of the 7-08

I'm a one load kind of guy. I have a great load using the120 BT but the 140 PT does everything and more.

P

Back