7MM Rem mag 175gr TBBC

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
First would like to say, sorry for the bad pics :oops: ...I'm not a camera guy at all :shock: ..anyways here's a 7mag 175gr TBBC that i recovered from a 250lb black bear i shot in the early 90's...shot was @50yds,down hill, quartering towards me...smashed the front shoulder, and hyper internal damage, found bullet tucked just under the hide in opposite rear quarter..Pics on the left is the 7 mag@2750mv...just for ref, on the left is also my .270 win 140 AB recovered from harsh water test. @2900 fps impact vel.The TBBC has a much longer shank, but the .270 would have done the same damage....here we go....Lou

Use the Macro setting when taking up close pictures

I shot the 175 grain TBBC in my 7RM for many years. I used to have a collection recovered from moose, bear and elk around here. They worked very well for me. Using either WXR or H870, loads shot into 0.4 inches at 100 yards. It was a deadly load.

FOTIS":37nr3kog said:
Use the Macro setting when taking up close pictures

Thanks Fotis :grin: ...I can shoot my rifle just fine, but thanks to you, I think I have it know 8) ...
Lets try this again..Lou :wink:

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Awesome performance Lou. My old man shot his brown bear with 225 TBBCs. Excellent bullets.

That 175 looks really tough. No wonder that old goat Mike likes em so much.

I bought what I thought would be a lifetime supply from Jack Carter quite a few years ago and before his death. Apparently, my lifetime is going to be shorter than I imagined as I'm running out of them now. They are a tough bullet. Too bad that ATK markets them at such a high price. I'd still use them if they were more reasonably priced.

Lou,

That is an impressive recovery. The TBBC is indeed a tough bullet.

JD338

DrMike":3j7cmoo4 said:
I bought what I thought would be a lifetime supply from Jack Carter quite a few years ago and before his death. Apparently, my lifetime is going to be shorter than I imagined as I'm running out of them now. They are a tough bullet. Too bad that ATK markets them at such a high price. I'd still use them if they were more reasonably priced.

Mike, I'll be using these TBBC's in 300gr in my 45/70 for back up for moose :shock: ..naw, don't worry buddy, the .270 with the accubonds well be more than enough :grin: ..however, the 45/70 well be tagging along to the east coast if needed :twisted: ...Lou

BigBear":jf701kws said:
DrMike":jf701kws said:

Mike, I'll be using these TBBC's in 300gr in my 45/70 for back up for moose :shock: ..naw, don't worry buddy, the .270 with the accubonds well be more than enough :grin: ..however, the 45/70 well be tagging along to the east coast if needed :twisted: ...Lou
Lou,

That is a great "plan B". :wink:

JD338

JD338":1tg5k0db said:
BigBear":1tg5k0db said:
DrMike":1tg5k0db said:

Lou,

That is a great "plan B". :wink:

JD338
You got it dude! :grin: ...Long live Sir jack...hint, hint... :wink:

I think the performace of both calibers are pretty close out to 300yds or so..

7mag 175gr .284" bullet expanded to .618" on that bruin
270 win 140gr .277" bullet expanded to .568" @25yds at about 2900 fps impact velocity, and really held up to the harsh water test that i did @25yds...both bullets expanded to more than 2x the original diamiter...i mic'd them both at work today...Lou

I can't ask for anything more than that 140gr AB in my .270. I have a few boxes of the TBBC in .277 and .308 but I never load them for some strange reason. They are tough.

CatskillCrawler":2uaqn23e said:
I can't ask for anything more than that 140gr AB in my .270. I have a few boxes of the TBBC in .277 and .308 but I never load them for some strange reason. They are tough.

I agree Cat!..the 140gr AccuBond in .270 is for sure my go to bullet..man it's tough for sure..this bullet well serve all my neads from elk/moose and down to smaller game such as deer and wild boar etc...i have a 45/70 sporting the 300gr TBBC's for the big alaskin bears and such...i made this post just to compare the .270 vs the 7mag....both are in the top 5 elk cartridges of all time :grin: ...I just love the .270 win...it works :wink:

Back