8mm Rem Mag Load and Ranger report #3

SJB358":3bit7cbz said:
Wow, that'll be pretty cool Mike. Those should do excellent in the woods.

Yes, and I have some more coming from Alaska so I will have a good supply :mrgreen:

That is great Mike. Hope you can lay into a bunch of them! They look real good from here.

SJB358":1cbx535o said:
That is great Mike. Hope you can lay into a bunch of them! They look real good from here.

Yeah, me to, but since the 220gr Sierra will work for all but the real big bad stuff, I think I will have enough to always use for the big bad ones.

I never got an answer back from that letter I wrote them. I can understand why, because the cost of starting up a production of a new bullet is costly and the bean counters might not think there is enough return for the investment and I understand that. I know they listen and I appreciate that, but listening does not always translate into reality and I even understand that. Would be nice.

bullet":30ast6yf said:
I never got an answer back from that letter I wrote them. I can understand why, because the cost of starting up a production of a new bullet is costly and the bean counters might not think there is enough return for the investment and I understand that. I know they listen and I appreciate that, but listening does not always translate into reality and I even understand that. Would be nice.

Mike,

Send a follow up letter to Nosler.
As Fotis mentioned, they do listen. In fact, the single biggest input that Nosler uses is this forum.
They do listen.

JD338

I am not going to bug Mason Payer again. He knows what I sent him and I know he passed it on because of the type of person he is and I trust him to be concerned that is why I wrote him. If my first letter is not enough, how will a follow up be received any different when their hands or tied by the amount of possible sales of .323 bullets.

I assume that they think the 200gr bullets are more than enough for the .323 because of the 325WSM and they have to look at ammo, and rifle sales of this cartridge to determine possible lucrative ventures. They are in the business of having to make money to survive to give us the products we need and still stay in business.

Maybe others ought to write them, and let them know they would like a heavy 220gr bullet for the .323 cartridges. Believe me, if there was one guy on this planet that wanted, needed and wished there was a 220gr Nosler AccuBond or Partition bullet for the 8mm Rem Mag, its me and if others don't let them know, then it is not a motivation for them to take the risk.

If there were a 220 grain AB for my 325WSM, of course I'd use it! I do use a 220 grain A-Frame now. I also use a 200 grain Partition. I can't say that animals would die any quicker with another twenty grains smacking them, but there are situations where I'd feel much better launching the extra mass.

JD338":y5ozzzcp said:
bullet":y5ozzzcp said:

Mike,

Send a follow up letter to Nosler.
As Fotis mentioned, they do listen. In fact, the single biggest input that Nosler uses is this forum.
They do listen.

JD338

YUP that is how the 338 300 AB came about

DrMike":3esfqlcf said:
If there were a 220 grain AB for my 325WSM, of course I'd use it! I do use a 220 grain A-Frame now. I also use a 200 grain Partition. I can't say that animals would die any quicker with another twenty grains smacking them, but there are situations where I'd feel much better launching the extra mass.

When it comes to the 8mm Rem Mag, 220gr is the optimum bullet weight. It gives a balance of velocity, energy and Momentum for obvious outstanding external and terminal results. I really don't want to use a 220gr A-Frame for my big game and dangerous game load when I can move a 250gr Barnes at 2750 plus with a great BC but would actually take a 220gr AccuBond or Partition with great BC compared to an A-Frame and make them my all around one bullet to do anything I wanted with the 8mm Rem mag and I mean everything. Of course as it stands I will have to use the 220gr Sierra for everything except the big tough and dangerous stuff which I will use the 250gr for.

Still trying with the 200gr bullets, fixing to try again the Partition, but not excited about it at all because I want more mass for the 8mm Rem Mag. Oh well, what I want and what I will get is not always the same. :mrgreen:

DrMike":f8baogha said:

Without a doubt. I am not truly put off by not having a Nosler 220, but it would be that much better if there was. Mike's field tests have shown me the 200 PT will get everything done that needs doing. I just like the idea of the heavier 220. Truthfully, I would be okay with a 325WSM and the 200 PT for hunting and never feel like the rifle/load was the weak link..

A 200 grain PT launched from a 325WSM at anything approaching maximum velocity will definitely put the smack down on game here in NA.

DrMike":4j0efbl3 said:
A 200 grain PT launched from a 325WSM at anything approaching maximum velocity will definitely put the smack down on game here in NA.

I am sure that every 325WSM user will appreciate your comments, but when I can and more than likely will drive a 250gr at 2800fps with my Big 8 which is only about 40fps slower than a 200gr out of a 325WSM, one can understand why I want a 220gr bullet with great BC from Nosler that I can drive over 3000fps, although I believe up close a good 220 in a 325WSM would be much better up close on big and dangerous and in the Big 8 for sure.

You are correct, Mike. I do hunt where grizzly have been known to sneak into range; at such times, more feels better. Whether more is better or not, it surely gives an extra measure of comfort.

Mike,
Good things at times take more than just an initial inquiry. Don't give up so easily. This requires Bull Dog Tenacity. You want the 220 in Nosler? I'd advise you to go for it Buddy. What's a little time and one more letter going to cost you anyway? Writing is a gift you have with expression implied. Too, think of all the others out there that would benefit from the Nosler 220 Bullet. :wink:Go get em Tiger!! :mrgreen:

Don

SJB358":1kwelach said:
DrMike":1kwelach said:

Without a doubt. I am not truly put off by not having a Nosler 220, but it would be that much better if there was. Mike's field tests have shown me the 200 PT will get everything done that needs doing. I just like the idea of the heavier 220. Truthfully, I would be okay with a 325WSM and the 200 PT for hunting and never feel like the rifle/load was the weak link..

A 220NP would be the cats azz in the 8mm caliber but true to form a 200NP or TSX will do all you could ask.

Bill

The 8mm Rem mag that can shoot a 220gr bullet at 3003fps plus, sighted in at 2.4 high at 100yds and -5 at 320yds. Having 4405ft pounds of energy at muzzle and still having 2017ft pounds of energy at 600yds. A 200gr bullet at 3150fps, 220gr at 3003 - 3018fps and a 250gr at 2750fps plus with only a 24inch barrel - this ain't no Kitty cat, it is a full blown Tiger.

Back