90gr BlitzKings

Bret,
I was shooting this load yesterday, via" dailing" the scope up, VS just holding up 2 mil dots, and it actually took 56 clicks up on the Weaver Tactical to reZero out at 552 yds! (Ballistics chart told me 29 clicks :shock: ) I had a 6/8 mph full wind ,mid lake ,so was holding one mil dot of correction, and that was working nicely, in the process of getting the dails set, I hit once just off the side of the target during a big gust of wind, my buddy over near the target on a snowmoble, runs over and FINDS a bullet laying ontop on the snow! After it furrowed thru about 3ft of snow!I will post it, so I am then looking at jacket thickness and WOW is it thin on these 90gr Blitzkings! I measured it with calipers at .0105 so not quite 11 thousands of an inch............. they will NOT penertrate the plate at 550 swinging on two junks of chain but they are darn close to going thru! They are lifting it up 6" everytime I whack it! Anyway I am sure my 120 gr Speers with a normal jacket would smoke on thru no sweat. Just more bullet stuff!
Scotty ,
After returning the Weaver back to Zero or 56 clicks Down to reset back to 300yds, I may have found a chink in the Armor of the Weaver! It came out ONE click OFF, :|
IMG_20160223_074943.jpg
IMG_20160223_075500.jpg

Nice. That'll work. Seems like it'll be promising for you E. Working with the 100 grain ETip right now, but soon as I'm done I'm switching gears to the 90..

Scotty
This Rem 700 rocks with these things in front of 60grs of RL 25 .......... smokin! Anxious to try one right on the Shoulder of a nice big Yodeldog............. I am hoping I will see a " the mist" off that shoulder, and something that sounds like getting snaped with a wet towel, coming back off the side of him!! This may be the end of my run off saga., (y)
And here is #5 hit high over the shoulder bang flop, instant kill again.
white dog.jpg

Update on the 90gr Blitzkings as they have been responsible for yet another coyote, that took one high over the shoulder , Say two inches under the backbone, probably only really passed thru 3/4" of meat, didn't really hit anything vital..................... complete pass thru again. However, it knocked a 31lb female completely off her feet and the animal never even wiggled once. DOA. No messing around running around biting at herself or suffering . I thought I held a little lower and was wanting a shoulder shot just to see what these will do , but cant seam to ever get an honest broadside shot yet. Well we will keep trying. :mrgreen: Here is #6 with the BK bullets nice instant kill!20160215_070231.jpg

varmageddon-prairie-dog-with-sign-reverse.jpg

Ditto on this one bang flop , instantly, this load is looking like it is about perfect for these animals at 300 and behond. This one was 341yds , no exit.IMG_20160314_105218772.jpg

Yes it is , I am now totally impressed with the performance of this 90gr BlitzKing bullet, from about any angle it works wonderfully, on broadside shots out to 350 when hit anywhere up in the front end there is no exit hole, but total liquidification
Of ALL internals............... when poorly hit where the bullet meets nothing of resistance it will pass thru, however in the two cases we observed this both times because of the shockwave coming off the bullet at these magnum style velocitys, the combination of this bullet being driven at 3350/3450 is without a doubt, just one of those perfect combinations for coyotes.
As a side note, I was telling a friend who had his dads old .257 R about the BlitzKings , so he bumed 20 from me and loaded
Them up as his son wanted to try a coyote over bait, they now have three beautys hanging over at their place, all taken with the BlitzKings. All instant kills , their bait is 175 yards out. Two of the coyotes were shot right in the middle of the paunch! So apparently they work identical from their gun as they do from mine! I will recommend anyone seeking the ultimate bullet for coyote sized game, to do yourself a big favor and try these BlitzKings, I think you will be mighty pleased you did! Here is a double, they are starting to add up now!
(y)IMG_20160315_170137819.jpg Two beautiful winter dogs.
Here is a 33lber and a 41 lber that tried to steal some moosemeat that got caught by the Blitz! King #7 and #8

Here is yet another example of the 25 Whelen at work, this shot was facing the gun, probably at about a 10 degree angle, cross hairs right at top of left shoulder blade, bullet
Enters travels along the spine then Exits out thru the center between the two hips. I am sure all of you can easily imagine the impact of being hit like this so I wont elaborate on that. Sorta graphic so don't want to upset anyone? This makes #9
IMG_20160316_100249267.jpg

Dang! That dog took the full meal deal! The deer have to be thankful for you lessening the stress.

It will make a huge difference this spring when the does have their lambs......... we need every deer we have. These dogone coyotes are amazing predators. :(

Those 90 grain Blitz Kings are getting the job done. Nice shooting. Makes me want to go out and get some for my guns. Thanks for sharing your results.

BretN,
I have seen enough from them now to see they are a super loading for this gun, I would be shocked if you were not over the moon happy with there results! IF you can get it into the front shoulder area at the 300 yds I am shooting all of these with approx. 3400fps vel. I am seeing the most pelt friendly load I have ever seen as the entrance is as small as a solid, but the insides are vaporized; and there is NO exit. And even on the two coyotes,that I had pass thrus, that were very poorly hit, Instant kills, with a violent report coming back from the side of the animal.
I am pretty fussy about bullets , and actually loose sleep over wounded animals even after all these years, I am NOT interested in wounding anything, or having even a Coyote suffer, even though they do horrible things to our deer. The 90gr BlitzKing; in my opinion, is pretty much at the top of the heap; as a coyote bullet if you want guaranteed results everytime. So I Just cant say enough good about it , And I do have a friend, that usually gets a dozen coyotes every winter, that is shooting our load with the 70gr Varageddons out his .243, and he says that he likes them as much as the Vmax he has shot for years, But I feel the 25/06; for what I am doing with this bullet, is about the best I can do, without getting into a big Magnum rifle, and I really don't want to do that. So what ever I CANT shoot with a 25 Whelen, is free to go! :mrgreen:

Earle,

Nicely done.
You are stacking them like cordwood.

JD338

Thanks for the kind words, yea we are getting lucky as it is about the end of the season now, our ice which normally clears the last week of April is going to be almost a month early this year........... it is getting so black now it is absurd, I know there is one more coyote left around here but don't know if he will ever show himself or not. Anyway the 25 Whelen proved to be a winner and gives me a little edge on the longer stuff, I am happy I tried it so will now see how it performs on deer sized stuff, thanks to all for following the threads, and the encouragement! (y)

As this thread runs out , we did actually shoot another one that could not be retrieved from the ice as it is getting unsafe to travel on it from now on because of the mild conitions. However in closing the season down with 12 hit, 10 dead , the verdict is in on a 25/06 shooting 90gr BlitzKing bullets, super light recoil, super hard hitting. Superlative performance!

That's a heckuva good year E.. I'm glad those 90's are working so well. Seems like you've found the number to whack em proper.

Now it's time to get to work on that 270 and 25-06 with the 120's!

Lol, going to get onto the .270 shortly! Have that 8 lber of RL26 ready to go, so going to load some 140gr SSTs up to practice this summer. But most likely actually swap over to the 140gr ABs for Kansas!

35 Whelen":27y1lnop said:
Lol, going to get onto the .270 shortly! Have that 8 lber of RL26 ready to go, so going to load some 140gr SSTs up to practice this summer. But most likely actually swap over to the 140gr ABs for Kansas!

I would look for some 140 BTs on the cheap if it's possible. Closer bearing surface on it so the change should be minor swapping to ABs. The SSTs have a different ogive and bearing surface so they might require more monkeying around than you wanna do.

Scotty has given some good advice. The SSTs can yield fine accuracy, but they do differ from the AccuBonds in some significant details.

Back