back ground checks

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
What, if any do you have in your state?
Oregon has an instant background check. You fill out a form, get finger printed and the ffl calls the state police. Cost is $10. The longest I have waited is 20 minutes.

Alabama only does a background check for CCW permits. Firearm sales just require the FFL holder to use the NICS.

No checks. I live in WY and I have a CCW.... 8)

No wait here in Nevada, just the phone check. This usually takes about 5-10 minutes. $25.00 Fee. No check or fee with CCW.

Nevada had the instant check in place and ready to go from the second this law went into effect. That really tweeked the Brandy Bunch, as they didn't get any waiting period. :p

Ed

California, not even sure of where to start:

10 day wait on any firearm purchase $30 fee

1 handgun purchase max. allowed per 30 day period

Concealed carry permit almost immpossible to obtain for the average law abiding citizen. I am a business owner and stand a 50/50 chance of getting one due to having large sums of money on me at various times. Just haven't done it yet due to the amount of B.S. required!

There are a number of banned weapons, 50BMG, any high capacity clip of more than 10 rounds, pistol gripped rifles w/ a detachable mag of any kind AR-15, DPMS, SAG ARMS, etc...

Looking at a recent book containing all the laws regarding firearms for all the fifty states I think CA took up the most space at about 15-20% of the book. MA was second.

These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Starting 2010 all handguns will be required to leave a imprint or identifing mark on spent cases when fired.

I may have missed some of the specifics so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Can't wait to get out of this State!

Back