Concealed carry laws in your state

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
I live in Oregon and I have a concealed hand gun license (CHL).
The permit is applied for at the Sheriff's office and after a background check (aproximately 4 weeks) the permit arrives in the mail.
The permit is good for 4 years.
In my state if you have any misdomeaner offences in the last four years you cannot have a CHL. These include DUI and domestic violence.

I do not know if Oregon honors other state licensee's in regaurds to concealed carry.

I believe Oregon requires a training course of some kind, I did not need one as I was on active duty Military at the time I got mine. Do not forget the finger prints!

Thanks for the info Old #7 geting one is on my to do list. Their's a concealed weapons permint class towards the end of april I'm going to sign up for.

Your right Oregon does require a "training course".
In this training course there is no requirement to shoot your hand gun or even have a hand gun at the time of the class. It is purely an educational requirement that primarilly covers safety and concealed carry law. My wife took hers at the local gun shop. It lasted aproximately 4 hours.
And yes you will have your fingerprints taken at the sheriff's office.

here in alaska everyone has the right to carry as long as the don't have any felonies or mental issues. No class needed.

Thebear_78":29k2xucu said:
here in alaska everyone has the right to carry as long as the don't have any felonies or mental issues. No class needed.

The way it should be.

JD338

I renewed my liscense today and the shefiff's office gave my a list of states that honor Oregon's liscense to carry.

Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, and Vermont.

The strange thing is Oregon does not honor any other states liscense :cry:

In Florida you are allowed to carry a holstered handgun in the glove compartment without a carry permit. Concealed weapons permits require a class and a range shoot prior to obtaining the permit. Certain misdemeanors disqualify you. Other than that issue they are easy to obtain.

Back