Daughter bags her 3rd deer. WooHoo

Gutpile

Beginner
Sep 29, 2010
Had a great 2010 season with my little girl. She was able to bag her 3rd deer in as many years. We really had a great time this year. The weather was perfect, we saw a lot of deer and coyotes and all around had a great time. She took her deer at just under 100 yards with a Remmy Model 7 in 260. I also took a nice Muley doe but didn't take any decent pics.

I also recoverd the bullet from my deer. The shot was 244 yards quartering away. It was a complete pass through but the bullet hit the bank behind the deer so I was able to recover. The retained weight was 89.1 grains. It's a 130 grn AccuBond from a .260 at 2800 fps

Attachments

• DSCN0988.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 840
  • P1010468.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 837
  • P1010469.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 837
Congrats to her and you for being a good teacher! You both did great! :wink:

Congratulations to your daughter. Perfecr shot placement too!
Looks like the 130 gr AB still had a lot of energy left by the damage to the bullet hitting the dirt after exiting the deer.

JD338

Kudos to your daughter. She did a great job. Fascinating picture of the AB.

I can't wait till my daughter can hunt! That rolling wheat country looks like Eastern Wa./Or. I love hunting that kind of country, never know if your going to get a mulie or a white tail.

Congrats to you both.

One fine looking bullet to by the way.

Congratulations and excellent shooting. Some good eating and what a treat sharing it with your child. How's this for breakfast???? A couple eggs over easy, some pancakes or waffles, and a couple tenderloins rolled in flour and fried in some oil with a little pepper and garlic salt on them. Medium rare of course. :lol:

Awesome work with your daughter. I cannot wait until mine is old enough to get out there with me. Kids make everything worth it! Scotty

Chalk another one up for the 6.5 - 130 AB !

Congrats to the both of you ! If I was your Daughter, I'd be keeping that M7 for myself.
Great job and great to see the youngsters enjoying the outdoors - the smile says it all.

Yep, congrats to you both! Make sure you put that pic in a photo album to look at through the years.

Long

Back