Leased equipment

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
So the rumor I’ve heard, from the brother in law of some guys cousin who’s sister is married to a guy whose brother used to work just down the road from Nosler; Nosler thought there would be a recession that would impact demand for their bullets; Hornady didnt see it that way and has leased the Nosler equipment and is producing Hornady bullets at the Nosler plant.
I was going to develope this conspiracy theory on Monday but needed to run down my sources first. :)

So the rumor I’ve heard, from the brother in law of some guys cousin who’s sister is married to a guy whose brother used to work just down the road from Nosler; Nosler thought there would be a recession that would impact demand for their bullets; Hornady didnt see it that way and has leased the Nosler equipment and is producing Hornady bullets at the Nosler plant.
I was going to develope this conspiracy theory on Monday but needed to run down my sources first. :)
Fake News 😂

In all seriousness, Hornady has been the only bullet company who has been reliably producing bullets and ammo over the last three years. Sierra, Nosler, and Speer have been MIA for much of the time. Guess what bullets I've been shooting a lot of lately?

In all seriousness, Hornady has been the only bullet company who has been reliably producing bullets and ammo over the last three years. Sierra, Nosler, and Speer have been MIA for much of the time. Guess what bullets I've been shooting a lot of lately?
Remember a few years before the current shortage, Hornady “suspended” a lot of their products while they were retooling to increase production? Maybe we are seeing the benefits of that, now.

Ya, Hornady quit making a lot of their good old bullets, but wow.... They've introduced some pretty good new ones, more tailored to the long-range/precision shooter crowd.

All through this "shortage" I've been impressed with seeing Hornady bullets actually on the shelves at my local gun stores. The other manufacturers have been more hit and miss.

Guy

Will be interesting to see what it's like in a few more years. Legalizing more drugs and safe heavens in hospitals from them to do drugs. What the hell is wrong with these politicians? Here in PA they put drop boxes through out the counties for their dirty needles. WTH. Paying for narcan when they od. And people with a real disease got no help.

For the life of me I can't understand people using drugs. Personally I like to be in full control of my actions and body. When I injured my back I argued with my Doctor about the use of pain medications and after a drug induced nightmare. I also found out after that night that I had a pain med addiction that I kicked once I knew what was wrong and I refused to take any pain medication stronger than Tylenol. I was lucky in that I have strong will power and was able to fight threw addiction once I learned I was addicted.
The medication was supposed to be non-addictive according to the drug salesman and was pushing it for pain relief. I later found out it was synthetic morphine. The salesman made the mistake of visiting my Doctor while I was there one day and I questioned him about the drug and he admitted it was synthetic morphine, I chased him out of the office telling him I would kick his A$$ if I ever saw him again for lying about the drugs addiction possibility if used.
Going to parties where people are smoking the stuff will give you a secondhand drug level in your system even though you didn't smoke it. I was working as a Security Guard for a College and was working one of their dances and tested positive for drugs the next day though none of us had used anything.
This might not be the case for everyone tested when seeking a job but secondhand smoke at parties could be some of it.

My thoughts are that any bullet manufacturer that has a goverment contract has been busy producing ammunition that is being sent to the Ukraine. First it was Covid with shutting down, then labor and material shortages, and now the war in the Ukraine. Maybe this is just going to be the new normal. Produce less, charge more and keep the pent up demand high to the consumer market. Personally I don't need to see the shelves full of .223 and 9mm when I have not seen a .257 caliber bullet in over a year.

Sorry, Just my rant!

Between Nosler , Barnes , and Hornady I’m stocked for a very long time. Recently I stocked up on 6mm Nosler 105 and 115 grain RDFs.

Did a little browsing on different sites looking for bullets. Picked two diameters 277 and 284. Hornady was the most available. Nosler pretty much non-existent. I hope they get whatever the problem is worked out. Until then others are available. Dan.

I lucked out a few years back. Guy that was heavily into reloading had all his bullets on a table at a gun show. I was setting up next to his and we got to talking. I ended up buying his entire stock of bullet, all still sealed for $10 a box. Almost all were Nosler partitions. ^ boxes of 180 gr. 30w, 5 boxes of 150 gr. 7MMs and 270s. A whole bunch of other Nosler bullets. I just don't remember which.
Paul B.

Back