New Nosler Rifle! The Model 48 Trophy Grade Rifle

A

Anonymous

TGRad-12-16-09_small.jpg

NOSLER INTRODUCES THE MODEL 48 TROPHY GRADE RIFLE

Bend, Oregon—New for 2010, Nosler Inc. introduces The Model 48 Trophy Grade Rifle™ (TGR). Designed with the same quality and craftsmanship as its predecessors, the Model 48 TGR will quickly become one of the finest values in the shooting industry.

The new TGR features the proven Nosler Model 48 action, a free floating 24” chrome-moly barrel and a crisp, 3 lb. Rifle Basix™ trigger. In the tradition of the award winning Model 48, the TGR is built for hunting in wet weather. All exterior metal surfaces are protected by a special application of CERAKOTE™, while the critical interior working parts are protected by a smooth, corrosion-resistant coating of MicroSlick™. To ensure rugged reliability, the whole package is pillar-bedded in a custom designed Bell and Carlson™ composite stock.

When teamed-up with Nosler’s famous Trophy Grade ammunition, hunters can expect sub MOA performance for three-shot groups at 100 yards. For 2010, Nosler will offer the Model 48 TGR in nine big game calibers, with suggested retail prices of $1745.95 for short action models and $1895.95 for long action models.

Beautiful rifle! What calibers are going to be offered?

JD338

What a gorgeous rifle! I was just in Spokane at the Cabelas and was drooling on a Nosler Model 48 rifle in their rack. Wow was it nice!! Nosler has been chambering some wonderful cartridges that at first glass one would not think they are that popular. Do you guys think they might or will ever consider chambering for the 6mm Remington? I ask that of course because that is such a great round and I know a lot of folks who shoot the 6mm. It also would pair up so well with the .257 Roberts that they already chamber for!!! What do you guys think? :?: :?:

I can't wait to get one of these TGR's in .300 Win Mag. Does anyone know when we can place orders for them? I heard they won't be available until maybe April?

JusMo":1w6gzi77 said:
TGRad-12-16-09_small.jpg

NOSLER INTRODUCES THE MODEL 48 TROPHY GRADE RIFLE

Bend, Oregon—New for 2010, Nosler Inc. introduces The Model 48 Trophy Grade Rifle™ (TGR). Designed with the same quality and craftsmanship as its predecessors, the Model 48 TGR will quickly become one of the finest values in the shooting industry.

The new TGR features the proven Nosler Model 48 action, a free floating 24” chrome-moly barrel and a crisp, 3 lb. Rifle Basix™ trigger. In the tradition of the award winning Model 48, the TGR is built for hunting in wet weather. All exterior metal surfaces are protected by a special application of CERAKOTE™, while the critical interior working parts are protected by a smooth, corrosion-resistant coating of MicroSlick™. To ensure rugged reliability, the whole package is pillar-bedded in a custom designed Bell and Carlson™ composite stock.

When teamed-up with Nosler’s famous Trophy Grade ammunition, hunters can expect sub MOA performance for three-shot groups at 100 yards. For 2010, Nosler will offer the Model 48 TGR in nine big game calibers, with suggested retail prices of $1745.95 for short action models and $1895.95 for long action models.

RockyMtnKevin

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
Call Nosler Customer Service, 800 285 3701 and they will assist you in getting a M48 TGR 300 Win Mag on order.

JD338

I got to fondle one about a week ago before it went on a hunt. Really.......REALLY.......SPECIAL!!! The texture on the stock is incredible. Next to my NCR .280 AI this is the perfect rifle.

Jerry 919
Bend, Oregon

In the following link, are these Leupold scope rings in Leupold's "gun metal" finish, or does Nosler make these? Trying to get an idea of Leupold's gun metal finish compared to the finish on the TGR.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/images ... 64-2-L.jpg

JD338":2gj1j0co said:
RockyMtnKevin

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
Call Nosler Customer Service, 800 285 3701 and they will assist you in getting a M48 TGR 300 Win Mag on order.

JD338

RockyMtnKevin":21nh9gy6 said:
In the following link, are these Leupold scope rings in Leupold's "gun metal" finish, or does Nosler make these? Trying to get an idea of Leupold's gun metal finish compared to the finish on the TGR.

We don't make those but it looks like it is pretty close. I bet when you put them side by side the rings are a little darker. I don't have any on hand otherwise I would try and get a picture for you.

I found this photo online:

http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/Brady ... 080795.JPG

Now that I see it is shiny, and doesn't match that barrel, I am thinking silver or just go matte black. Probably silver and paint my HBLMS Harris Bipod 9" to 13" with notches (Swivels) I just ordered.

Been real busy at work but I have been meaning to call and place an order.

JusMo":23g2gbmb said:
RockyMtnKevin":23g2gbmb said:

We don't make those but it looks like it is pretty close. I bet when you put them side by side the rings are a little darker. I don't have any on hand otherwise I would try and get a picture for you.

Now that I see it is shiny, and doesn't match that barrel, I am thinking silver or just go matte black. Probably silver and paint my HBLMS Harris Bipod 9" to 13" with notches (Swivels) I just ordered.

You will really like that Harris Bipod with the notches in the leg. It is much quicker to adjust, and it stays where you put it where with the ones that have the screw tension on the leg, they sometimes slide and move on you if the screw is not tight enough. Wtih the swivel on it, it is also so fast and easy to level up your rifle on uneven ground. You will like it sir! :grin:

I was considering not getting the swivel feature, but when I saw there is a lever to add to be able to tighten once swiveled, I went for it.

I have been researching scopes, reading reviews, and will probably get the Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm with Custom Ballistically Matched Reticle and CDS, (BDC) turrets. http://www.chuckhawks.com/leupold_custo ... eticle.htm I want something quick, easy, & accurate.

I was wondering what I would do if I wanted to target shoot over 500 yds, (the furthest calibrated dot on the reticle is 500 yds), I found out you can adjust the elevation to shoot out to 1000yds at the center cross hairs.

6mm Remington":1n594sb2 said:

You will really like that Harris Bipod with the notches in the leg. It is much quicker to adjust, and it stays where you put it where with the ones that have the screw tension on the leg, they sometimes slide and move on you if the screw is not tight enough. Wtih the swivel on it, it is also so fast and easy to level up your rifle on uneven ground. You will like it sir! :grin:

That is a very nice rifle. I would like to have one of those in a 280AI or something along those lines. Heck, even a 30-06 would be pretty neat. Very well done Nosler! Scotty

Back