TSS #9 / 2.5 OZ pattern handload. 40 Yds/ 10" circle/ 530 pellets. Shot from my 870 Supermag 3.5". Indian Creek .665 choke. 2.5 X 8 Leupold.

Pretty solid. Been reading about guys using 410’s and TSS #9 to take turkeys…
I’ve taken 1 Tom at 25 yards with a 20 gauge beneli super sport(I’m not a nice man). Flattened that Tom. No floppy, just bang flopped.. so with the TSS product.. I can see it being pretty potent medicine.

And people have always been discouraged from using this smaller bores to hunt ducks. Excellent!

I used tss 3&9 this year for waterfowl. I can’t say it is the magic that some claim it to be and I’ve never used it for turkeys. A guy hunting with us kept singing about his .410 and tss. End of the day we all killed our limits, he was the last to finish although maybe that’s just the opportunities he got. I felt like it killed better than #2 steel at distance rather than crippling.
It is expensive to a fault and every time I missed I wanted to kick my own butt!IMG_8844.jpeg

I used tss 3&9 this year for waterfowl. I can’t say it is the magic that some claim it to be and I’ve never used it for turkeys. A guy hunting with us kept singing about his .410 and tss. End of the day we all killed our limits, he was the last to finish although maybe that’s just the opportunities he got. I felt like it killed better than #2 steel at distance rather than crippling.
It is expensive to a fault and every time I missed I wanted to kick my own butt!View attachment 22447
Definitely a fine harvest of ducks. (y)

Posted this elsewhere

My current costs if I purchased everything today, minus the loader, $1.681 per shell for 5/8oz 28ga

I hunted 5 days in a row, from -6º to upper single digits, the only day we didn't limit was the day it was below zero almost the entire hunt, 5 man hunt, we were short 3 birds. They just quit flying on us. I was 1 bird short that day. 5 bird daily limit equals 24 birds total for me, I used 33 shells and the extra 11 shells were used on cripples.

Last edited:
some of the guys on our lease have bought the stevens 410 single shot shotguns , with a red dot sight . they are shooting the TSS ammo , I think it's #9 shot . I think these guys all took a spring gobbler ,using the 410's . the one guy claims he got his turkey at , I think , 70 yards .

Back