UPDATE

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Wish it was better news but it is what it is.

I made a judgement call at work that turned out to be the wrong one. So, being that they were fully staffed, I got my walking papers. I got offered a couple jobs in Anchorage but then I got offered the same job and salary in New Mexico.

In short I’m getting on a plane to Seattle and the Jeep is on a barge bound for Seattle. It cost too much to live up here making the same money as the lower 48. Peeking around the corner at the big Six-O I’m getting tired of getting my penis stepped on.

Vince

Sorry to hear that Vince. As I guy who never had the guts to "make the jump" on a career move/ relocation like that, you have my admiration. You've already proven you are capable of things many are not, or arent willing to do. Keep moving forward. CL

Wish it was better news but it is what it is.

I made a judgement call at work that turned out to be the wrong one. So, being that they were fully staffed, I got my walking papers. I got offered a couple jobs in Anchorage but then I got offered the same job and salary in New Mexico.

In short I’m getting on a plane to Seattle and the Jeep is on a barge bound for Seattle. It cost too much to live up here making the same money as the lower 48. Peeking around the corner at the big Six-O I’m getting tired of getting my penis stepped on.

Vince

I'm sorry that Alaska didn't work out for you. It's an incredible place. High hopes for your future, be it in New Mexico or elsewhere.

All the best, Guy

It builds character buddy. Things happen for a reason. Hang tough Vince, the good stuff will happen.

JD338
Vince,
I totally agree with JD. My history includes a career change and several relocations. I vividly remember sitting alone in an apartment, away from my family at a new position and location, and asking myself…”Duane what the h—- did you do now?” I’ve been retired for nine years and have come to the realization that we were blessed and these changes “ultimately” were for the best. I am convinced my Lord was in charge.
Vince, I pray that someday you will experience this too.
Keep the Faith!
Duane

Sorry about the change but I'm sure it's for a reason. Took determination to get to AK this is the same in reverse. Wishing you the best. Dan.

Let us know where you moved to as I sometimes get to NM. I don't hunt, but know a few in that state that likes to. 1 is a military vet that doesn't get around very well, but doesn't give up when he gets a chance to hunt elk. Sometimes he enlist help from local high school kids that he weight trains or helps in wrestling and football to carry it down the mountain after dressing it and packing.

Back