Timney 870 Rem trigger fix kit

Never have used one but read that they are pretty good. Of course anything would be an improvement over a factory 870/1100 trigger.

JD338

Years ago I installed one in my 7400 , very straight forward to install. The kit comes with 3 springs and a sear. I installed the 2lb spring and boy did it make a difference. The only drawn back is the price for a piece of steel and 3 little springs. Not sure the cost today , I forked over around $75 at the time.

Years ago I installed one in my 7400 , very straight forward to install. The kit comes with 3 springs and a sear. I installed the 2lb spring and boy did it make a difference. The only drawn back is the price for a piece of steel and 3 little springs. Not sure the cost today , I forked over around $75 at the time.
Its costly, but I pay up if it improves performance.

Yes you will definitely see an improvement , I know I sure did. There is still a hint of creep but nowhere near the amount before. I never measured the trigger before , now it averages 2lbs after install.

Yes you will definitely see an improvement , I know I sure did. There is still a hint of creep but nowhere near the amount before. I never measured the trigger before , now it averages 2lbs after install.
The before is a lawyer-proof too heavy on mine.....lol
I've noticed that the sum total of improvements on a firearm are worth the cost in the end.

I bought a spring from this seller:

I would suggest the 3# one, as the 2# in my 7400 is about 1.5 pounds.
Did you polish up the sear or just installed the spring?

Did you polish up the sear or just installed the spring?
Any time I'm near a sear I use a buffing wheel on a Dremel with Flitz polish, and polish them up.
Go slow and be careful, and you'll be fine.

I bought a spring from this seller:

I would suggest the 3# one, as the 2# in my 7400 is about 1.5 pounds.
I bought this spring and in addition my gunsmith worked on the sere. The trigger is 3.5# and most of the creep is gone ! Thanks .

Back