220gr Sierra & 200gr Accubond - 8mm RM bullet & load test

JD, your signature says it all. I really need to find the best OAL for the AccuBond. I had it pretty good, but got to mess with the seating depth and now basically have to start over. Hope it comes soon.

Mike,

What pressures are you running at, according to Quick Load?

JD338

With the load I am at right now calculates to 64,800psi with max being 65,000psi

Guy Miner":2wqkpfxi said:
That's a rompin', stompin' load - but ya still missed the tape... :grin:

Can not win for losing around here! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Getting there with the AccuBond bullets. Different lot of RL-25 and things looking up. Had Extreme spread of 30, Deviation of 11 and average velocity of 3133fps. Will be taking a break for a while before doing anymore work with my 8mm Rem Mag, but very pleased with where it is going.

dea01bbe.jpg

dbcd0195.jpg

first three shots then I was not paying attention shot the other two in a different target right above this one.
33dab79a.jpg

I would not sell the 8mm Partitions short. A lot of moose and elk have been killed with the three (210, 225, 250 grain) Partitions in the .338 Wm and .340 Weatherby and probably the 200 gr, 8mm Mag Partition as well. I have killed (4) elk with the 210 Partition in the .338 WM myself and all of them DRT'ed each, went on through and were not recovered, no matter how much elk they went through. Mine were all shot through the ribs and I lost little meat as a result. I prefer hammering elk lungs with all that front end expansion myself. Just my $.02.

From what I have seen, the Swift A-Frames perform about the same with maybe slightly slower expansion than Partitions. Close to (100) dead dead pronghorn to 300+ pound mule deer, from various Partitions from .243 Win to .300 H&H worked pretty well also.

I would like to hear any loads for the 8mm 200 AccuBond. I have been loading Barnes 160 gr for my 8mm Magnum. Reloader 17 and getting almost 3400fps and very accurate.

7mmhunter":20t4s9vi said:
I would like to hear any loads for the 8mm 200 AccuBond. I have been loading Barnes 160 gr for my 8mm Magnum. Reloader 17 and getting almost 3400fps and very accurate.

Not an AccuBond but try a 200 TSX and RL-22, super accurate in my 8mm mag.

Back